Friday, June 19, 2009

Captain Lu Parker


So, it is being told through various sources that the mayor of L.A., Antonio Villaraigosa is dating journalist/former Ms. USA Lu Parker. She has won a lot of awards...

Often times, on her insanely me,me,me blog (that in and of itself is not uncommon, that is what a blog is for), she adds quotes from famous, inspirational writers such as Longfellow and talks about her dog Monkey.

I picture them meeting in a bookstore, discussing life traveling around the world, sharing a special moment staring at one another in the eyes, Lu passing the mic over to the make-up faced mayor, and Villar softly saying: "Oh, you’re a poetry major. Maybe you could help me straighten out my Longfellow."

The breach of journalism's Code of Ethics (I know... WTF is that?!) is pretty ugly. When the old people watch when this shit gets airplay on tv, and trust me, these two will be on tv sometime soon for some photo-op, they will see this is say "Oh what a beautiful couple," take out their fake teeth and call it a night.

No comments: