Thursday, February 25, 2010

Jobs? Yeah effing right

I was recently involved in a chat "discussion" where I called out the author for not merely providing a fundamentally basic, idealistic pro-stimulus rave based on preliminary number, but for creating a downright vile display of ignorance, over-idealistic faith, and naiivete.  The article, which deserves no link, was happy, and I mean glowing, over government claims that the stimulus was plugging the holes in the economy to great success.  Please wipe after spewing your grits.  You know, it was that report that claimed 150,000 jobs were saved/created.  The government report Moody's agreed with!  Must be alright, right?  The article featured a title that yelled out JOBS three times, and even had a Pelosi devised, upside-down chart.  Of the many articles like it, this was one I felt deserved a little attention, but I was sadly mistaken, it really deserved no attention.

As my comments under the article got me shoved into the right-wing corner, got me called 'Rush' and pro-massive corporation, I had to give it a day or two before going back to read it again.  Fortunately, within that time frame, I got my hands on a couple pieces of information (highlighted by an allocation chart showing where the stimulus money went) and a media tour by Senor Douche Schwarzenegger.

Take a close look at the stimulus allocations - particularly the grant money received by Advance Beauty College  and you'll see one sector that's expected to see a dramatic jump in jobs  - hair extentionists.

Then Arnold started with his double talk when he added, "I have been the first...of the Republican governors to come out and to support the stimulus money because I say to myself, 'This is terrific,' and anyone that says that it hasn't created a job, they should talk to the 150,000 people that have been getting jobs in California."

As we know, he nor anyone else in the state can prove 150,000 jobs were created and when he got called out on that he changed that "getting jobs" to jobs that were saved or created.

The one thing we do know is that taxpayer money funded a stimulus package that is keeping pathetic California school teachers working (half the stimulus went to education) and to "back-fill" public employee pensions.

Success?  FU Arnold. 

No comments: