The following, in case you are wondering, is what he preaches --
From Poizner's website,
1. Steve Poizner believes that we have to fundamentally change the way that Sacramento does business.
2. State government is broken and one of its most dysfunctional aspects is our state’s legislature.
3. Too many
4. Sacramento politicians have presided over a system that has produced out-of-control spending, a broken prisons system, and a system of water infrastructure that is ill-equipped for the challenges of the twenty-first century, amongst other problems.
5. Steve believes that bold, drastic change is needed to get California back on track.
6. A part-time legislature will ensure that our legislators aren’t just career politicians but, instead, have real-world experience doing the work that Californians across our state are doing every day.
7. Whether they are bus drivers, farmers, teachers, or small business owners, our representatives in Sacramento should have careers outside of their legislative duties so they understand the challenges that our state faces.
8. A part-time legislature will also focus our legislators on the truly important policy challenges confronting California’s citizens.
9. Our legislature passes, on average, three new laws every day.
10. The time has come to focus the legislature’s work on the critical issues facing California today, and a part-time legislature will do exactly that.
I broke down the paragraph about Government reform, which is full of bloviations and platitudes, and numbered the sentences. It came out to a perfect 10 sentences, with each sentence making a different point. How come I had to number them? These sentences, when combined don't make a good paragraph. But the sentences do write a bunch of checks that John and Ken listeners want cashed. Or else... bring out the stick, cuz Poizner's head will be attached if he doesn't call in by today (January 15th) to the JK show, who are demanding he call them and "PUT UP, or, SHUT UP." Will he?